Lithgow Local Services
Lithgow ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Lithgow site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Lithgow Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Lithgow When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Lithgow Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Lithgow Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Lithgow ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Lithgow and a Place to Meet
The lithgow.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Lithgow
Interesting Facts about Lithgow, New South Wales, Australia
- Lithgow is located in the Central Tablelands region of New South Wales, approximately 140 kilometers northwest of Sydney.
- The city was named after William Lithgow, an English pioneer who opened the area to European settlement in the early 19th century.
- Lithgow is known for its rich coal mining history, with the first coal mine established in the area in 1860. The city became a major center for coal mining and the production of coke, which was used in the steel industry.
- The Lithgow Small Arms Factory was established in 1908 and became a major supplier of arms and ammunition to the Australian armed forces. The factory was decommissioned in 1994 but the site still remains an important historical landmark.
- The Eskbank House and Museum is a heritage-listed mansion built in 1842 and is now open to the public for tours. The mansion was once the home of Thomas Brown, a prominent businessman and politician in the early days of Lithgow.
- The Wollemi National Park is a popular tourist attraction in Lithgow and is home to the Wollemi Pine, one of the world's oldest and rarest trees. The park also features stunning waterfalls, gorges, and rock formations.
- The Zig Zag Railway is a historic railway line located in Lithgow that offers scenic tours of the Blue Mountains. The line was originally built in the 1860s to transport coal and passengers from Lithgow to Sydney.
- The city is also home to the Lithgow State Mine Heritage Park, which showcases the history of coal mining in the area. Visitors can take a tour of the mine and learn about the lives of the miners who worked there.
- The Ironfest is an annual festival held in Lithgow that celebrates the city's industrial heritage and features blacksmithing, metalworking, and other industrial displays. The festival attracts thousands of visitors each year from all over Australia and overseas.
- Lithgow is also a popular destination for outdoor activities, with hiking, camping, fishing, and mountain biking available in the surrounding national parks and nature reserves.
Overall, Lithgow is a city with a rich history and diverse range of attractions that make it a must-visit destination for tourists exploring New South Wales.